KGuiAddons and QGestures like tap/click-and-hold to open context menu?

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 14:59:55 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 4:03 AM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The other day I had to add a context menu to a widget (QPushbutton)
> defined in a .ui file and went a bit further when I realised it could be
> nice to be able to open such a menu without using a right-click or menu
> button. After all, not all platforms have a (physical) right mouse button
> or a menu key; Macs come to mind but also mobile devices.

> The usual way to open the context menu on such platforms is
> click/tap-and-hold - I think that was actually introduced in an early Mac
> OS X version.

Macs however always have two-fingers secondary click;
their magic mouse have both (it's mouse-touchpad hybrid).

Worth noting that the tap-and-hold is used only in very few
places of the macOS shell, like the bottom launcher and
Launchpad, pretty much nothing else accepts tap-and-hold
for context menu, certainly not any of the regular apps.
So I wouldn't say that is "the usual way" on mac at all.

Just to provide some more insight for non-mac folks.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek