D5003: Update docs to Frameworks API

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 10 14:13:07 UTC 2017

leinir requested changes to this revision.
leinir added a comment.

  Thinking this is... well under way, with a couple of details :)

INLINE COMMENTS

> kauthactionreply.h:338
> -*
> -* In case of errors coming from the library, the type() is
> -* ActionReply::KAuthError. In this case, errorCode() will always be one of the

Thinking it would be kind of good to translate this into something more useful for the Action::AuthStatus enum documentation... Just removing it entirely seems to me to get rid of the verbose "don't use this for your own errors, this is for authentication only, you should look over here" thing which is inherent in the current text... Perhaps simply adding @see ExecuteJob::newData to that enum's documentation might do the trick?

> kauthexecutejob.h:82
>      /**
> -     * @returns the data sent by the helper
> +     * @returns the data returned by the helper
>       */

Returned isn't semantically right, here, though the term "helper" is a bit ambiguous... What is meant by "sent by the helper" is more to the point "send by the helper using HelperSupport::progressStep(QVariant)"... which is somewhat clunky, but explains more properly what is going on here. Return would suggest that it is only done at the end, whereas this can, specifically, be done multiple times (basically, every time progressStep(QVariant) is called). So... perhaps changing this to be something like

  /**
   * Use this to get the data set by HelperSupport::progressStep(QVariant)
   * This function is particularly useful once the
   * job has completed. During execution, simply
   * read the data in the newData signal.
   * @see ExecuteJob::newData
   * returns the data sent by the helper
   */