D4947: [KTextEditor] Expose additional internal View's functionality to the public API

John Salatas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 6 17:55:16 UTC 2017

jsalatas added a comment.

  Thank you all for your feedback. I'll update soon....

INLINE COMMENTS

> mwolff wrote in view.h:479
> why is this not the document end pos? because of virtual cursors? if so, please rename this to `viewEndCursor()` or similar, I don't see why this should be called `startPos`

This is not the document's end position. It is the max position that the view can scroll vertically.

For example suppose a document with 100 lines viewed in a view that has enough height to display 30 lines. In this case maxStartPos  is 70 (the view can scroll down to line 70).

I guess my function naming sucks :)

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor