D4947: [KTextEditor] Expose additional internal View's functionality to the public API

Milian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 6 13:47:40 UTC 2017

mwolff added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4947#92995, @anthonyfieroni wrote:

  > Milian had in mind that you can take charge of Kompare and implement your ideas rather than release new app. :)

  Hihi, while not really my intention, that would of course the best way forward. But @jsalatas, prototyping in a standalone application is just fine. Just please keep this in your mind, that people may actually want to use this functionality from within another application like KDevelop.

  Looking at the other comments: Yes, the interfaces you mention are what I had in mind - take them as inspiration on what to do. And @dhaumann, I agree! esp. `setScrollPosition` is good.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor