D4947: [KTextEditor] Expose additional internal View's functionality to the public API

John Salatas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 5 23:06:10 UTC 2017

jsalatas added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4947#92889, @mwolff wrote:

  > You will have to create a separate interface for this, similar to what we have done in the past, with a TODO note that this should be merged in time for KF6.

  You mean an interface similar to TextHintInterface, CodeCompletionInterface, ConfigInterface, AnnotationViewInterface, etc or something else? If something else, could you please provide an example?

  > I'm very much interested in your app btw - will you support embedding it into e.g. KDevelop as a patch viewer? Kompare is pretty much unmaintained, and I like what I see in your screenshot!

  Thanks! Actually it is (obvioulsy) still in a very early stage. I hope initially to finalize it as a standalone app and release its code to the public. After that we will see where it goes, hopefully it will get embedding support at some time.

  I'll come back soon regarding the rest of the issues you mentioned.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor