D4911: add Baloo DBus signals for moved or removed files

Matthieu Gallien noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 5 17:40:34 UTC 2017

mgallien added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4911#92718, @cullmann wrote:

  > Just my 2 cents from the sideline:
  >
  > 1. baloo is unmaintained and the bugs pile up, just check bugs.kde.org for that, not sure if adding yet-an-other feature to it is a good idea
  > 2. as vhanda said, perhaps better use other API for that

  Those APIs are not free and takes some kernel resources.

  > I tried to replace baloo with tracker, see https://cgit.kde.org/clones/baloo/cullmann/tbaloo.git/ but failed out of time (searching works, but not all API), that won't support such things anyways.

  I was hoping to support the same file indexer that Plasma is using hence my work on Baloo. On my roadmap, I plan to also support Tracker.
  For Windows and Android, I have implemented an indexer with Qt + KFileMetaData APIs. I was just hoping that Baloo would provide live refresh of queries. I have to check if Tracker does it or not.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo