D6376: Fix double delete crash during shutdown

Michael Pyne noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 25 15:05:59 UTC 2017

mpyne added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D6376#119359, @rjvbb wrote:

  > But what's the official stance on deleting objects (widgets) that have a parent and are thus capable of auto-cleanup? AFAIK one can still delete them explicitly, and if they're reparented during that process they should no longer be included in the cleanup step performed by their original parent's dtor.

  There's certainly no stance *against* manually deleting objects that should be automatically cleaned-up, as long as it's done correctly of course.  In fact we've had crash bugs before due to automatic destruction deleting objects in the right order (e.g. siblings parented to the same widget, where one child widget makes a call to the other child widget in the course of its destruction -- those have to happen in the right order so the fix was to manually delete them in a safe order).

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications