unwanted breeze('ish) icons in KFileWidget on Mac

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 16:31:19 UTC 2017

Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> A screenshot says more than a thousand words... :)

You asked for it ;)

Snippets from KDevelop (1st) and Dolphin (2nd), kept as small as possible.

The round icons with arrows and the silver'ish folder icons are from my custom
icon theme (these sourced from Ciment), the blue "reload" and red folder icons
are from Oxygen (why red, btw?), the others are of unknown origin and shouldn't
be there. Note how my home folder has an appropriate icon while the other home
dirs don't. The unwanted icons look like they're from Breeze, but in practice I
don't even know how to verify that.

Making these screenshots gave a beginning of an explanation: the issue is size
related. All shown icons are 16px. In the views where I can zoom (Dolphin's main
view and KDialog's "getopenfilename" view", probably the same widget) I get the
desired icons from 17px and up (and thus also in the preview hover thingy). See
the last 2 screenshots.

The question then becomes: why do certain views/widgets refuse to use icons from
the configured icon theme at 16px, what theme do they fall back to, and why does
this not happen on Linux too?

PS: the weird display of the core file also occurs on Linux.