kxmlgui regression on OS X between 5.32.0 and 5.35.0

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jun 20 11:19:51 UTC 2017

On mardi 20 juin 2017 13:01:29 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apologies for writing you directly and not a generic mailing list.
>
> I noticed an issue that was introduced by one of the relatively few changes
> to KXmlGui between v5.32.0 and v5.35.0 : the QtCurve configuration dialog
> (https://cgit.kde.org/qtcurve.git/tree/qt5/config) no longer accepts GUI
> events on Mac (using the Cocoa QPA, no problem when using the "officious"
> XCB QPA). This dialog is accessible only as a KCM, and thus requires
> kcmshell5. Functionality is restored after reverting to kxmlgui 5.32.0 .
>
> Which of the commits to kxmlgui could have caused the issue, and what would
> be the proper (best) way to address it?

Not 100% sure, but most likely it's the two kxmlgui commits that got reverted after 5.35 was released:

* 1bc3a0b41c - Revert "When building menu hyerarchies, parent menus to their containers" (6 days ago)
* 78e572dadf - Revert "use transientparent directly" (7 days ago)
[....]
* 4690808e65 - use transientparent directly (5 weeks ago)
* b5af0296cb - When building menu hyerarchies, parent menus to their containers (6 weeks ago)

Please test these reverts.

k-f-d is the proper place for this discussion => CC'ed.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5