D6234: KGlobalAccel: port to KKeyServer's new method symXModXToKeyQt, to fix numpad keys

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 18 09:12:55 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  > Man it's demotivating to contribute to KDE. Users say all sorts of bad things about KDE, and then future-ex-maintainers reject your contribution. Great.

  Yes sure, and you can imagine how many angry mails and bug reports I get when things break. I made the experience that touching our X11 implementations always results in regressions. And nobody notices them in the testing period. Unfortunately I can give you a long list of regression we had in Plasma 5.10 only on X11. This makes me being extremely conservative when it comes to changing the X11 code base. The number of developers fully understanding X11 is really low in our community and most of them are working on Wayland now.

  Nobody is going to detect if we introduce a regression in kglobalaccel prior to the release. And due to the nature of the frameworks distros will ship them and then we as the Plasma team have yet another shit storm because we have a broken global shortcuts handling. So yes I'm extremely careful when it comes to touching this code base.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in kglobalaccel_x11.cpp:278-287
> I did not change one inch of that logic, I just moved it to KKeyServer::xcbKeyPressEventToQt.

I'm sorry I didn't notice. I first noticed this review and it has no dependency set. It looked like the code got dropped.

REPOSITORY
  R268 KGlobalAccel