D6122: Add since tags.

Thomas Friedrichsmeier noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 7 06:53:43 UTC 2017

tfry added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D6122#114655, @cfeck wrote:

  > Since this frameworks is new as of 5.28, should we really mark each class this way? We did not do this for other "new" frameworks, such as prison or kwayland.

  You mean, if I'm not sure whether the framework exists, I should just test for it in cmake. Arguably true, but to an application developer, it is important to be able to pin down when I can reasonably //expect// something to be available on my target platforms. Without having to resort to code archeology.

  Qt marks version of appearance for classes in "new" modules such as QWebEngine, too. Too bad, if we don't do this consistently (yet), but I cannot see how it could possibly be "better" not to.

REPOSITORY
  R216 Syntax Highlighting