D5173: Fix 'Installation of ksendbugmail.exe conflicts with related KDE4 package'.

Ralf Habacker noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 12 17:46:54 UTC 2017

habacker added a comment.

  > So bin isn't in %PATH%, but found relatively to the app being run?

  yes

  > This makes me wonder if libexec could be bin/libexec/kf5/ on Windows, relative too.

  This requires to add support for finding executables located in libexec based on install root e.g. instead of using

  QString command = QStandardPaths::findExecutable(QStringLiteral("ksendbugmail5"));

  to use something like this

  QString installroot = getKF5Prefix();       // similar to what is implemented in KDE4 (see  https://cgit.kde.org/kdelibs.git/tree/kdecore/kernel/kkernel_win.cpp?h=KDE/4.14#n97)
  QString command = QStandardPaths::findExecutable(QStringLiteral("ksendbugmail"), installRoot + QStringLiteral("bin/libexec/kf5/"));
  or
  QString command = QStandardPaths::findExecutable(QStringLiteral("ksendbugmail"), installRoot + QStringLiteral(KF5_LIBEXEC_INSTALL_DIR));

  if KF5_LIBEXEC_INSTALL_DIR is a relative path to the requested subdir based on the install root.

  > Then we could have an ECM-provided string that expands to
  >  CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX "/" KF5_LIBEXEC_INSTALL_DIR on Unix (i.e. absolute), and
  >  KF5_LIBEXEC_INSTALL_DIR on Windows (i.e. relative).

  > Wouldn't this keep the Unix/Windows differences to a minimum?

  Related to install layout it would be reduce the difference, but on the source code side you need to add detecting the install root to any code where an executable located in libexec needs to be searched, which increases the differences in the source code.

  The complete code fragment would look like
  #ifndef Q_OS_WIN32

    QString command = QStandardPaths::findExecutable(QStringLiteral("ksendbugmail"));
    if (command.isEmpty()) {
        command = QFile::decodeName(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX "/" KF5_LIBEXEC_INSTALL_DIR "/ksendbugmail");

  #else

    QString searchPath = getKF5Prefix() + QStringLiteral(KF5_LIBEXEC_INSTALL_DIR);
    QString command = QStandardPaths::findExecutable(QStringLiteral("ksendbugmail"), searchPath);

  #endif

  An optimization would be to call getKF5Prefix() on non Windows too, which returns  CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX "/". This  reduced the above mentioned code to

  QString searchPath = getKF5Prefix() + QStringLiteral(KF5_LIBEXEC_INSTALL_DIR);
  QString command = QStandardPaths::findExecutable(QStringLiteral("ksendbugmail"), searchPath);

  BTW: You mentioned  that KF5_LIBEXEC_INSTALL_DIR is 'bin/libexec/kf5/' on Windows, Should it not be lib/libexec/kf5  ? On unix this is located in 'lib[64]/libexec/kf5 '  - why this difference ?

REPOSITORY
  R263 KXmlGui