[Differential] [Commented On] D4362: RFC: [AppletQuickItem] Cache QQmlComponent used for settings QtQuick Controls 1 style

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 31 11:19:01 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.

  Personally I would just kill the whole thing.

  - All Plasma code all uses Plasma Components not QQC so this has zero effect. It was for an idea that didn't really materialise
  - It gives an obscure ASAN warning on freeing "o", that I don't know how to fix
  - This isn't going to work with QQC2

INLINE COMMENTS

> appletquickitem.cpp:496
> +    if (!c) {
> +        c = new QQmlComponent(engine);
> +        // FIXME never executed, even if I kquitapp plasmashell

if you were to do this:
just do c = new QQmlComponent(qApp);

and you have the cleanup done for you.

REPOSITORY