[Differential] [Request, 62 lines] D4257: [PlasmaComponents Menu] Add maximumWidth property

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 23 22:10:26 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, hpereiradacosta.
broulik set the repository for this revision to R242 Plasma Framework (Library).
Restricted Application added projects: Plasma, Frameworks.
Restricted Application added subscribers: Frameworks, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This allows to limit the maximum width of a menu. It can be useful for instance in task manager where long file names for recent documents will result in gigantic menus.

  The property has a RESET method (which is called if you assign "undefined") which will set it back to QWIDGETSIZE_MAX to remove the size restriction.

TEST PLAN
  Comes with a manual test. The menu itself is still placed as though it occupied the full width. :(

  F2163013: Screenshot_20170123_230412.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F2163013>

  Hugo, any idea what's up with Breeze theme not eliding the menu items? This is with both device pixel ratio 1 (plasmashell) and 2 (in the screenshot). I recall there being some Qt recently having been fixed but I'm not sure, might as well be a Breeze bug, though it also happens with Fusion.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

AFFECTED FILES
  src/declarativeimports/plasmacomponents/qmenu.cpp
  src/declarativeimports/plasmacomponents/qmenu.h
  tests/components/menu.qml

EMAIL PREFERENCES