[Differential] [Commented On] D4142: Support "default actions", as specified in [1].

Thomas Pfeiffer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 16 18:09:12 UTC 2017

colomar added a comment.

  Hm, that's not easy to decide. Whether one likes the "click to make go away" behavior or not is highly subjective. I, for one, find it very annoying on e.g. OS  when a notification covers something I want to see on the screen and there is no way to make it go away other than waiting. Others find it annoying to have to explicitly click a button to execute the default action.

  I would not take mobile OSes as a reference, because their notifications never cover any part of another application (except when they "peek in", but then they go away again very quickly, and even that can be annoying) and can be dismissed easily with a swipe.

  Therefore we should look at other desktop OSes for whether there is a de facto standard. How does Unity do it? Pantheon? Budgie?

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications

EMAIL PREFERENCES