[Differential] [Commented On] D4142: Support "default actions", as specified in [1].

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 16 17:21:57 UTC 2017

mart added a comment.

  code wise the change makes sense..
  that said, this assumes we do an important behavior change in our ui, which i don't think is a good thing, as is disregards completely how our users are used to, in the name of "other platforms do things differently".
  so OK for the change, but only if we have considered it very carefully.
  moreover, that spec linked there isn't actually, the spec, it's a fork by gnome, becausethey simply don't care about freedesktop, so is not really a part of the cross desktop spec missing, as the spec linked there wasn't really intended to be cross-desktop at all.
  I've added VDG in reviewers, hopefully getting a feedback about this.

  Question phrased for VDG: for notifications is better the current behavior of dismissing the notification on a click anywhere or to execute the default action if any? (and do not do anything if no action is available)
  most important: what could be the impact on existing users? (personally, I think if i would lose this very fast way to dismiss a notification, i would find them way more intrusive and workflow-interrupting than they are now)

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications

EMAIL PREFERENCES