including kde frameworks classes in qt

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sun Jan 8 16:38:01 UTC 2017

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 8. Januar 2017, 18:42:37 CET schrieb mayank bansiwal:
> hello mates.
> i have just started to code with qt creator. I want to contribute to kde
> open source organization which uses qt. Can anyone please tell me how to
> include kde classes in qt ide. I added this syntax in my .pro file
>
> LIBS += -lkdeui
>
> but still it is showing error about kde header files i used.

As Albert said, "kdeui" hints you are trying to work with no longer maintained
kdelibs4.

Please consider using the KDE Frameworks (successor of kdelibs). You might
already have them installed if using current software from KDE, e.g. Plasma5.
See https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Binary_Packages for some info.

Make sure you also have the development add-on packages of the KDE Frameworks
modules installed that you want to use (if unsure, ask on your distributions
help channel, as this is distribution specific sadly).

For information how to integrate them with qmake, see at the pages of the
individual framework modules as linked from https://api.kde.org/frameworks/,
where at the left side there is an "About" box with an entry "Use with QMake",

Example:
KGuiAddons is documented at https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kguiaddons/html/
index.html, and for qmake has the info: QT += KGuiAddons

Cheers
Friedrich