Fwd: Qt 5.7+ and Command+Shift shortcuts on Mac : isShiftAsModifierAllowed() involved.

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 22:45:11 UTC 2017

On Saturday January 07 2017 13:32:22 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> After saving the shortcuts to the current scheme and restarting the app:
> - the shortcut is shown as Command+<
> - it no longer works

In fact, that was testing in KDevelop, which has a hardcoded Ctrl+< shortcut for the (popup menu) action I was testing, one that isn't defined via KXmlGui but directly via QAction::setShortcut(). Changing that to Ctrl+Shift+, has the intended effect.

I probably have to go back to my testing because I realised that the simple Qt application I tested with puts the actions under a native menubar. That is likely to change my tests because AFAIK those shortcut events for such menuitems are handled differently from shortcut events for QActions shown in a pop-up menu.

@Kevin : sorry to drag you into an ongoing discussion. Have you ever used the "Locate current document" shortcut (from kdevprojectmanagerview) on Mac, and if so did it work and does it still work?

R.