CI Requirements - Lessons Not Learnt?

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 12:47:30 UTC 2017

>This was demonstrated earlier this week when components of Plasma
bumped their version requirements for XKBCommon and Appstream-Qt

FWIW, Appstream-Qt became optional later that same day, because of how new
the dependency was. Though obviously it could have been hanlded better.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we may avoid this in the future?

Yes

Is there a way to find out what version of libFoo is available on the CI
without pestering a  sysadmin?

At the moment if I do bump a version (or review a version bump) my best
option is simply to try it and find out.