To C++11 or not?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 00:17:55 UTC 2017

On 01/03/2017 10:36 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El divendres, 30 de desembre de 2016, a les 15:32:24 CET, Martin Gräßlin va
> escriure:
>> Am 2016-12-30 15:25, schrieb David Faure:
>>> I fully agree that "having 'override' is actually super useful for
>>> preventing
>>> programmer faults", but that also works if it's spelled out
>>> Q_DECL_OVERRIDE
>>> and only ineffective for people *using* frameworks on an older system
>>> with gcc
>>> 4.6. It's still effective for all of us who are working on frameworks,
>>> which
>>> is where the benefit of "override" is.
>> What's the plan to enforce that? How is build.kde.org checking that we
>> don't use override instead of Q_DECL_OVERRIDE?
> I guess you can stop worrying. Stephen Kelly just reverted that change that
> had been approved in a review request without any discussion.

Sorry.

We need to have a way to enable that warning flag which is accompanied
by a way to resolve the huge amount warnings it generates. We can't just
add that much noise to all the builds indefinitely.

clang-tidy seems to have a modernize-use-override feature. Can we run
that on at least all frameworks before enabling this flag?

Thanks,

Steve.