[Differential] [Commented On] D4797: [ToolButtonStyle] Use pure colors and no frame as background in flat mode

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 27 14:34:38 UTC 2017

mart added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4797#90142, @subdiff wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4797#90126, @broulik wrote:
  >
  > > Design looks ok but still you can't change `ToolButtonStyle`, instead, the Breeze Plasma theme needs to be changed.
  >

  > Sorry, I didn't quite get it the last time you mentioned it. I think I understand it now. You mean it will make other themes look like Breeze, when we insert the code in `ToolButtonStyle`, correct? But in this case take a look at the current `ToolButtonStyle` code: It takes `ButtonStyle`'s svg frame directly and uses it for its hovered/pressed state. So changing only the theme would mean to change the svg of `ButtonStyle`, which is not desirable.
  >
  > Also I tested it now with the Oxygen and United themes, and `QToolButton` has still the same flat frame line in highlight color around it when hovered like in Breeze, so it seems to be independent of the theme in `QToolButton` as well. In the Oxygen case it is though different looking in the pressed and checked state. Here it has a "depth" effect to it (or it's only the frame line getting bigger). Not sure how we can replicate that.

  It needs to have new svg theme elements (and fallback to the currently used prefixes if not found) would be like toolbutton-hover and toolbutton-ressed prefixes in the button svg (i think for the pressed one is fine to keep it simple and keep the normal pressed button tough)

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

EMAIL PREFERENCES