[Differential] [Commented On] D4797: [ToolButtonStyle] Use pure colors and no frame as background in flat mode

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 26 17:02:12 UTC 2017

subdiff added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4797#90126, @broulik wrote:

  > Design looks ok but still you can't change `ToolButtonStyle`, instead, the Breeze Plasma theme needs to be changed.

  Sorry, I didn't quite get it the last time you mentioned it. I think I understand it now. You mean it will make other themes look like Breeze, when we insert the code in `ToolButtonStyle`, correct? But in this case take a look at the current `ToolButtonStyle` code: It takes `ButtonStyle`'s svg frame directly and uses it for its hovered/pressed state. So changing anything in the theme would mean to change the svg of `ButtonStyle`, which is not desirable.

  Also I tested it now with the Oxygen and United themes, and `QToolButton` has still the same flat frame line in highlight color around it in when hovered like in Breeze, so it seems to be independent of the theme in `QToolButton` as well. In the Oxygen case it is though different looking in the pressed and checked state. Here it has a "depth" effect to it (or it's only the frame line getting bigger). Not sure how we can replicate that.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

EMAIL PREFERENCES