Global shortcuts should not send keyrelease event to app with focus (Re: KStandardAction::rename ?)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Feb 19 18:02:17 UTC 2017

On dimanche 19 février 2017 18:23:02 CET René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> You can define application-specific shortcuts in kglobalaccel, and its name
> indicates (to me at least) that this is exactly what that framework +
> daemon is about.

No, kGLOBALaccel is about GLOBAL shortcuts.
Where global means workspace-wide, i.e. independently from which app/window
has focus.
There is no need for a daemon for application shortcuts, standard or not.

> Not sure how, but apparently the kglobalaccel daemon has
> the possibility to send specific applications specific events in reaction
> to customisable keystrokes.

Apps register a global shortcut and get notified by kglobalaccel.

> KWin shortcuts are defined through the
> Shortcuts KCM ("Shortcuts and Gestures" in KDE4), not in KWin's own
> configuration dialogs.

Yes.

Global != standard, I'm 500% sure of the above.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5