Baloo and Application using it

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 07:17:33 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am using Baloo to collect all audio files in its database. I would like to
keep the list up to date with the Baloo database when my application is
running.

Currently Baloo DBus interface provides two information:
* the files currently being scanned: could help discover new files ;
* a signal with a list of modified files (as far as I understand, this is for
metadata changes only).

I am missing notifications of moved files (with same metadata) or removed
files.

I have thought of two solutions:
* adding in my application the use of file system watchers such that I am
notified directly about the missing changes. This would duplicate watchers set
by Baloo;
* adding code to Baloo to send signals about file moves and file deletes.
Baloo is already keeping track of them.

By the way, I did not yet check if Tracker provides something covering my
needs.

What do you think ?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Best regards