[Differential] [Commented On] D3850: Pass -fno-operator-names when supported

Kevin Funk noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 14 11:53:33 UTC 2017

kfunk added a comment.

  I start to agree that it's probably better to revert this patch, for the simple reason: We might break compilation of a project using boost if boost decides to add code which uses alternative tokens to any of its headers. This is not under our control.

  On the other hand, alternative tokens are indeed *rarely* used (at least in KDE they are mostly used b/c of simple typos) and only cause harm when code is being ported to MSVC. I'd like to avoid running into issues like that whenever possible.

  In general It'd be better to have a compiler *warning* instead when alternative tokens are used, but there isn't.

  I'm undecided -- Apparently we've already fixed all issues in KDE land (/me didn't hear any more complaints so far), so we're good in that are. But problems from upgrading versions of dependent libraries can still be a problem -- though still easily fixed by stripping the flag inside CMake user code...

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

EMAIL PREFERENCES