kwidgetsaddons on OS X: menus become menu items

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 09:21:33 UTC 2017

On Tuesday February 7 2017 01:15:23 Marko Käning wrote:

Hi,

>BTW, has this problem disappeared in the meantime?

Not really. The Qt error messages are no longer printed, but the underlying cause is still there. QActions that are added to a Mac native menu are reparented and cannot also be used elsewhere. I know David Faure has picked up on that a while back, I don't know if he has managed to get any clarity on the why and how of this regression (w.r.t. Qt4).

There is 1 workaround that I know of: avoid the native menubar in applications that rely too heavily on reusing QActions . This is why QtCurve now offers that choice as an option on Mac.

I have no idea if Kate's official Mac build implements another solution; there's nothing in the code that suggests it in any way.

R.