[Differential] [Commented On] D4425: Add support for flatpak portals

Jan Grulich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 6 14:10:25 UTC 2017

jgrulich added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> apol wrote in knotificationmanager.cpp:93
> Maybe instead of querying for dbus things we could figure out a what QPlatformTheme is in use somehow?

Not sure how that would help. It would help maybe to detect whether we are in sandbox if we check whether the platform plugin is "flatpak", but with this check I want to make notifications work at least somehow, even in case we are in sandbox and the portal service is not available from some reason. If you use NotifyByPopup plugin in the sandbox then it will show the ugly notification on top of the screen instead so it's at least some notification. In case you would like to avoid displaying this ugly notification and rely on portals only then we can ignore this check and use NotifyByFlatpak regardless availability of the portal service.

> apol wrote in notifybyflatpak.cpp:2
> Are you sure so many people? :P

It's a modified "NotifyByPopup" plugin and I didn't change the copyright except adding myself.

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications

EMAIL PREFERENCES