[Differential] [Request, 11 lines] D4439: KDirWatch: fix memory leak on destruction.

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 5 10:53:04 UTC 2017

dfaure created this revision.
dfaure added reviewers: aacid, mpyne.
dfaure added a subscriber: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The Entry class owns the Client instances, so it should delete the
  remaining instances in its destructor, for the case where they haven't
  been removed one by one. The line of code removeEntries(nullptr) was
  probably means to remove them one by one, but it was a no-op (the code
  for that method doesn't expect nullptr as argument) and it would be
  slow anyway. We don't need to call inotify_remove for every path,
  when we're just cleaning up in a global static after qApp destruction.

  Detected by a clang-sanitizer build on http://ci-logs.kde.flaska.net
  and reproduced locally with valgrind.

TEST PLAN
  ./kdirwatch_*_unittest now passes in valgrind without memory
  leaks being reported

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons

BRANCH