Phabricator differential is not good - WAS - Re: Phabricator: All repositories registered - upcoming workflow changes

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Feb 2 23:18:18 UTC 2017

El diumenge, 29 de gener de 2017, a les 8:32:21 CET, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We've just completed the registration of all mainline repositories
> (not including Websites or Sysadmin namespaced ones) on Phabricator.
> Thanks go to Luigi Toscano for providing significant assistance with
> this process.
>
> From this point forward, communities should be moving away from
> Reviewboard to Phabricator for conducting code review.

I just created first patch with the phabricator web interface.

Found one minor and one major problem.

Minor problem:
 * You can't update the diff before creating a "Revision", so if you realize
your diff was wrong, back luck, you either leave the diff floating in the
limbo or you create the Revision and the update the diff, showing the world
your mistake for no reason
https://phabricator.kde.org/D4422?vs=10881&id=10882

Major problem:
 * It doesn't show context
https://phabricator.kde.org/D4422

"Context not available." is terrible, how is one supposed to review without
being able to read the rest of the code?

This is a deal breaker for me.

Cheers,
  Albert