[Differential] [Updated] D4329: KMessageWidget: fix behaviour on overlapping calls of animatedShow/animatedHide

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 2 12:05:21 UTC 2017

dhaumann added a comment.

  First of all a general note: Unfortunately, we have had quite some issues with getting the geometry right in KMessageWidget over the past few years. Essentially, the problem is that KMessageWidgets animates its show and hide events, and therefore caches its initial and its final geometry, as well as the pixmap to render to avoid stretching the KMessageWidget's contents. That said, doing this caching too early results in a final geometry that is wrong (we had this issue in Kate a lot).

  This may sound a bit off-topic, but the point is: it's easy to break things. If you in addition also run the unit test 'messagetest' of KTextEditor and if it passes, then I'm fine with this change. It looks reasonable after all :-)

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons

EMAIL PREFERENCES