[Differential] [Commented On] D4362: RFC: [AppletQuickItem] Cache QQmlComponent used for settings QtQuick Controls 1 style

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 1 16:59:04 UTC 2017

mart added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4362#81771, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > Personally I would just kill the whole thing.
  >
  > - All Plasma code all uses Plasma Components not QQC so this has zero effect. It was for an idea that didn't really materialise

  actually it did materialise, and has nothing to do with plasmacomponents:

  - if you use normal QQC1 in a plasmoid, it will have the plasma theme, so it is supported (and you can't be sure it is actually not used, especially in stuff from the store)
  - if you use the same component in a config dialog, it will use the QStyle theme

  then.. this thing cannot work anymore for qqc2 as their theming approach is completely different, but is a future problem.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

EMAIL PREFERENCES