Phabricator: All repositories registered - upcoming workflow changes

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Feb 1 07:59:46 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 8:10 AM, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:
> Ben Cooksley ha scritto:
>> On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 11:36 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Sunday January 29 2017 08:32:21 Ben Cooksley wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>
>> Hi Rene,

>>> I hope that shutdown doesn't mean complete disconnect; it would probably be a loss of as-yet unknown importance if all code reviews become unavailable.
>>>
>>> I'll miss ReviewBoard. Phabrithingy may be more powerful and versatile, but RB had its advantages too which could be why it's still being used (quite a lot, as far as I can see) and hasn't been integrated with KDE's own IDE yet.
>>
>> It will be a complete shutdown of Reviewboard - we'll be archiving it
>> in the event for some reason it becomes necessary to access the data
>> it stores.
>
> Isn't it a way to change the site in static website and keep it alive?
> Checking the history of a review can tell a lot. Also for discarded reviews.

While I have yet to test it, Reviewboard does use quite a bit of AJAX
and other dynamic resources - so I won't be surprised to find out that
the usual mechanisms for creating static copies of sites don't produce
a workable result.

>> In most cases mailing lists should have the history of reviews in
>> their archives, so those will continue to be accessible through list
>> archives in the long run.
>
> I think we should ensure to have the archives on mail.kde.org if this is the case.

Unfortunately a number of lists have their archiving disabled - so
we'll need archives from a member of the community to re-seed the
server copies (this was a historical decision, taken before KDE 3 even
existed I suspect).

> --
> Luigi

Regards,