D9175: Migrate some more QRegExps to QRegularExpression

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Dec 8 18:06:33 UTC 2017

cullmann added a comment.

  For the QLatin1String on the right side in some contructors: should it not be always QStringLiteral? Not that it will matter a lot.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dhaumann wrote in kateview.cpp:3595
> Now that's a good point: I don't completely.
> It appends a leading and trailing space, and the searches with \b%1 once, and with %1\b again. But isn't that always true? This is about the highlight selection feature, and I couldn't spot any difference in behavior. Still maybe I missed something...

I think the old code tried to ensure we only add word-boundary if we still can find the string then. e.g. if the string that you highlight contains spaces or stuff like that at the borders, you don't add \b.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor