What removes protocoltojson with make install in kio?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Dec 2 16:18:26 UTC 2017

On dimanche 22 octobre 2017 22:00:36 CET Mark Gaiser wrote:
> Yes, the build and install were both in the same build folder.
> Changing the install to some other folder (a sub folder now of the build
> one) does indeed work.
> Oh well, i'm happy :)

Locally installing shouldn't be necessary anymore, that's what I've been working on for the last months.

https://blogs.kde.org/2017/08/15/running-applications-and-unittests-without-make-install

IOW, running examples and tests from your build dir should work,
it's in fact what the CI tests nowadays
(with a few known things broken still, though, like when servicetypes are needed)

Working on KDE Frameworks 5