D8336: Improve apidox of KJobTrackerInterface

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 2 16:13:55 UTC 2017

dfaure requested changes to this revision.
dfaure added inline comments.

> kjobtrackerinterface.h:88
>       */
> -    virtual void unregisterJob(KJob *job);
> +    virtual void unregisterJob(KJob *job); // TODO KF6: should it become protected?

We should decide now, don't leave a question mark in a TODO for KF6. Typically when the time comes to actually make the change, we won't remember in details why this is there and it'll be even harder to decide about it.

I saw the same with unclear KDE4 TODOs, and then unclear KF5 TODOs.... and probably the same before that too ;)

https://lxr.kde.org/source/extragear/sysadmin/apper/apperd/TransactionWatcher.cpp looks like a piece of code that would be broken by this being made protected, if I'm not mistaken.
But then again, it might be broken code in the first place, in which case we can still make the change... please investigate.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons