relocatable kdoctools

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Tue Aug 29 13:03:43 UTC 2017

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 8:37 PM, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:
> Even without the if branch it would be still complicated.

Ah! I think I get the complexity now. At build time we need to run our
tools already and so the dtd/xsl need to be able to resolve the paths,
hence the initial configure_file with absolute path which then get
replaced for win32 with newly generated relative dtd/xsl files at
install time. Indeed that is tricky to fix. Well, kind of.

What we can do is get rid of the `install(CODE ...)` stuff. We know
the actual paths at configure time just fine, we only can't use them
for the files generated at build time. I am not sure that is much
better, but it would certainly remove the excessive escaping need.

The only way to make this really transparent would be to copy the
docbook assets into build dir and basically construct the directory
lineup as it will look after installation, so during build-time assets
behave exactly like after installation. That's probably more
complicated useless code than we have now though.

HS