D7380: KCD: use modern logging classes throughout

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 23 21:28:29 UTC 2017

dfaure added a comment.

  It is rather hard to follow your reasoning...

  1. QtInfoMsg is *between* QtDebugMsg and QtWarningMsg, so it's *not* more verbose than QtDebugMsg, it's less. This is why our default setup (in the ECM macro) is to enable "info and up" (i.e. info, warning, critical) and not debug.

  2. And QLoggingCategory::setFilterRules() has *nothing* to do with QSettings...

  Yes QSettings is persistent, but QLoggingCategory::setFilterRules() definitely isn't.

  You're right about the first point though, qDebug() is associated to the "default" category of qCDebug(), so it's affected by *.debug=false, I hadn't realized that. Surely it must be the same for qInfo() then -- except that *.info=false would be a very stupid thing to do anyway, IMHO. One *wants* the output from command-line tools.

REPOSITORY
  R342 KIO AudioCD