D7380: KCD: use modern logging classes throughout

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 21 08:43:52 UTC 2017

dfaure added a comment.

  For information, qCInfo() is enabled by default if you use the ECM macro for declaring the logging category, or if you pass QtInfoMsg to the Qt macro. But then again, it seems fine with me to use qInfo() in a test program, no need for categorized output for this.

  BTW it is *not* curious that isn't qInfo isn't "disabled by *.info=false in qtlogging.ini", it's rather expected since qInfo() is one layer below categorized logging, just like qDebug and qWarning. qtlogging.ini (and the QT_LOGGING_RULES env vars) are about qC*.

INLINE COMMENTS

> testkcd.cpp:64
> +    if (!qEnvironmentVariableIsSet("QT_LOGGING_RULES")) {
> +        qputenv("QT_LOGGING_RULES", QByteArrayLiteral("org.kde.libkcompactdisc=true"));
> +    }

There's proper API for setting applications defaults, without the need for env vars.

REPOSITORY
  R342 KIO AudioCD