Running applications and unittests without "make install"

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Aug 19 00:24:21 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 3:17 AM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Hi David,

> The documentation for how to do that is now up at
>  https://blogs.kde.org/2017/08/15/running-applications-and-unittests-without-make-install
>
> I have ported/fixed all frameworks, except for kirigami, and there are still pending
> merge requests for kpackage.
>
> I'm wondering if we could change the CI scripts so that they run the tests before doing make install?
> For frameworks only, for now.

I've now done this, for Linux at least.

As we don't use a Pipeline template per Product/Platform combination
the Windows and FreeBSD images will continue to install then run tests
as that is what other projects will need.

(I should note that if you are relying on accessing installed
artifacts on Windows then it won't work from tests anyway as Qt on
Windows relies on resources being located relative to the currently
running binary - which will never be the case for tests. Will be
interesting to see how these changes affect this)

> --
> David Faure, faure at kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
> Working on KDE Frameworks 5

Cheers,