D6197: Add kauth helper to file ioslave

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 16 23:08:51 UTC 2017

dfaure requested changes to this revision.
dfaure added inline comments.

> filehelper.cpp:34
> +    FdSender fdSender;
> +    fdSender.connectToPath("org_kde_kio_file_helper_socket");
> +    if (fdSender.isConnected()) {

BTW what happens if two instances of this helper (and two instances of kio_file) try to do this at the same time? Don't they need different socket paths, to avoid interferring with each other?

I suppose the PID of the kio_file process should be added to this path, which means passing it in the QVariantMap to exec(), right?

> filehelper.cpp:104
> +        } else {
> +            sendFileDescriptor(-1);

You send fd=-1 if opendir fails, but not if dirfd fails.
Is it even needed to send -1, if we're going to return an error reply anyway?
 (disclaimer, I don't know sendFileDescriptor nor what the code on the calling side does)

To: chinmoyr, elvisangelaccio, #frameworks, dfaure