D7289: Rewrite the email syntax definition

Volker Krause noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 14 12:06:23 UTC 2017

vkrause added a comment.

  Correct, any highlighting of the body content is gone, intentionally. The original highlighting was from a time when emails had 4-5 human readable headers and ASCII bodys. At that time body highlighting made sense, and even reading emails in kate was feasible. Nowadays you have hundreds of lines of headers, some containing only machine-readable signature blobs etc, and bodys with Unicode content and attachments which have been encoded into more or less unreadable gibberish. Therefore I think the purpose of this highlighting nowadays is for diagnostics, not for reading (or even writing) email.

  I'll add the missing spellchecking attributes.

REPOSITORY
  R216 Syntax Highlighting

BRANCH
  master