D6992: Fix build on Linux without X11

Volker Krause noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 5 10:12:33 UTC 2017

vkrause added a comment.

  Ok, now I've hit the same problem in kinit, but unlike the comment in the code here suggests it's not actually identical... So, how should this work in an ideal scenario?

  kinit/src/wrapper.cpp would use an empty display string if neither X11 nor XCB are found at compile time. Is that good enough, or do we want something like use DISPLAY if present, otherwise use WAYLAND_DISPLAY if present, otherwise error out on non-macos/non-windows? I can't seem to find any reference about MAC_DISPLAY or WIN_DISPLAY, so no idea what to do about those cases.

REPOSITORY
  R285 KCrash