D7071: Fix issue where notifications will show as 1 pixel line if primary screen wasn't the leftmost one

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 2 13:16:44 UTC 2017

davidedmundson requested changes to this revision.
davidedmundson added a comment.

  This might well hide the issue, but it can't be "correct".

  It's definitely calling updateTheme twice, which is very expensive.
  and I'm pretty sure it's syncing twice, (so updating updateTheme 3 times)

  But I think you've found a bug, if you can try either of the things I suggest that would be fantastic.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dialog.cpp:1317
>      d->componentComplete = true;
>      QQuickWindow::setVisible(d->visible);
>      if (d->visible) {

So there's a bug if we call setVisible before componentComplete fires?
Weird that that happens with the notification is on a different screen.

We're calling the superclass setVisible method, as an optimisation, but this code is out of sync with the current Dialog::setVisible.

We either need:

  to copy         "//setting the main item visible before the show event arrives..." from setVisible to here before this line.

*or*

change this method to be just

{

  d->componentComplete  = true;
  setVisible(d->visible);  //and call the Dialog implementation which does the rest of this method - but better

}

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)