D4911: add Baloo DBus signals for moved or removed files

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 30 10:05:19 UTC 2017

dfaure added a comment.

  Could this be made more lightweight by adding a precise subscription method rather than signal broadcasts?

  The interested application would register into baloo (using dbus or C++, not sure what's applicable here), saying "please do inform me about changes" or maybe even "please inform me about changes <in these dirs> or <for files of this mimetype>". And the MetadataMover code would only emit a dbus signal if 1) someone registered, 2) the signal passes the dir or mimetype filter.

  This way, nothing changes performance-wise for people not using an app that needs these signals.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo