D5521: Allow the KGlobalAccel be a "Tier 2" framework, if needed

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 20 17:36:46 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5521#103661, @palokisa wrote:

  > > Distributions will ship only one variant of kglobalaccel and that will most likely be the one which is wanted by KDE
  >
  > Why is that? Why can't we have e.g. one `foo-kde` and other `foo-lxqt` package, both providing virtual `foo` (these will be in conflict as they will provide the same file(s)). Then KDE can depend strictly on `foo-kde`.

  Talk to distros. My experience is that this will be an absolute no-go for most distros. You might find one or two, but I doubt any of the major distributions will do that. The obvious reason is that it would be impossible to install frameworks and lxqt at the same time. Note that this is about frameworks and not even Plasma. Plasma has no play in kglobalaccel.

REPOSITORY
  R268 KGlobalAccel