KAuth buildability: new CI architecture

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Mon Apr 17 07:53:43 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 9:30 AM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
>> Would it be possible to use relative-to-calling-binary paths?
>

> Simply put: no. That would require quite some engineering effort especially
> considering that distros do have the libexec paths different with some
> adding the arch into it. This makes it almost impossible to get it right.

```
QString path;
char *bin_path = realpath("/proc/self/exe", NULL);
if (bin_path == NULL) {
    path = QString::fromLatin1(KDE_INSTALL_FULL_LIBEXEC);
} else {
    QFileInfo info(QString::fromLatin1(bin_path));
    path = info.dir().relativeFilePath(QLatin1String(KDE_INSTALL_FULL_LIBEXEC));
}
auto helper = relativePath + QLatin1String("/magicExecutable");
```

We always know where stuff is installed to... we install it.

Not wanting to add the relative resolution code is, of course, a
different story.

HS