D5439: API dox: more info about KAboutData's orgDomain/desktopFileName properties

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 14 16:47:14 UTC 2017

kossebau added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ltoscano wrote in kaboutdata.cpp:689
> I would add something like
> // KF6: if desktopFileName has not been explicitly set, set it to domain + component name

Why would you also add a comment here? Would you think the comments at the places which should be changed are not enough?
The KF6 TODO proposes to change the behaviour to follow the idea of https://phabricator.kde.org/D5405.
"set it to domain + component name" sounds as you propose to store a auto-generated value in the desktopFileName variable. But that would need an extra flag to know if the value is auto-generated and thus needs to be updated if the sources for the value change or if the value has been explicitely set by the user, so should not be auto-updated.

But I propose to leave the actual implementation more to whoever changes it at KF6 times, as it is hard to predict what other requirements/views will be at that time :)

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons