D5439: API dox: more info about KAboutData's orgDomain/desktopFileName properties

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 13 22:25:29 UTC 2017

kossebau added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ltoscano wrote in kaboutdata.h:314
> To put it straight: I don't know (and I can't investigate properly now). But if you create the KAboutData instance before the call to QApplication, part of the "About <foo>" dialog is untranslated.

Update from irc: both @ltoscano and me could reproduce by patching kpartloader or okteta that with some current KF (e.g. 5.32) the i18n calls done as part of the KAboutData constructor call seem to fail when done before the QApplication instance is created (yes,  KLocalizedString::setApplicationDomain() always called before the first i18n() call).

Given that the requirement of an qapp instance is nowhere documented in https://api.kde.org/frameworks/ki18n/html/prg_guide.html the question now is if that is a regression or simply never has worked.

More on that another day though.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons