D5324: Revert "[calendar] Use ui language for getting the month name"

Martin Klapetek noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 6 19:00:56 UTC 2017

mck182 added a comment.

  I disagree with this because we currently don't have any
  easy and/or sensible way to change date formats and so
  we simply suggest using different locales for the different
  formats. However, if your UI language is all Spanish and
  you want to use the US date formatting, the month name
  labels would suddenly be in English while they should
  remain Spanish (and this is what the code you're removing
  does).

  This should probably be fixed in the QML side to use the
  same approach so that all month and day names are using
  the same language, which should follow LANG, not LC_DATE.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)