C++11 & friends

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Mon Sep 12 06:04:32 UTC 2016

On Sunday, 11 September 2016 03:21:21 CEST Dominik Haumann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just saw a commit by Volker turning nullptr into Q_NULLPTR with the
> comment that Visual Studio 2012 does not support nullptr.
>
> While this change is trivial for obvious reasons, do we really need to do
> that?

I don't think so.

nullptr is actually supported since VS2010 [1].

Some other remark: I think noone's using anything below VS2015 for testing KDE
on Windows anyway. I'm expecting compilation to be broken on earlier versions
of VS.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/compiler_support for evidence